- Catalogue Number
- Title and Date
- Nude 2012
- Description of Featured Image
- A standing female nude, rendered from the shoulders to the knees. The woman steps towards the right but her torso faces forward; her proper left arm is bent at the elbow, and her other arm is raised and out of sight.
- Where Made
- Alphington, Melbourne
- Medium Category and Technique
- Intaglio Print: Etching, drypoint and foul biting on copper
- Wove paper. Identified papers: No papers identified.
Image size: 200 x 148 mm
Matrix size: 200 x 151 mm
- Artist’s Record Number
- Printer(s) and Workshop(s)
- All impressions printed by Rick Amor in his Alphington studio.
- Summary Edition Information
- Four states. No edition.
- State Library of Victoria, Melbourne: eight state impressions, numbered 1-1 through 1-3, 2-2, 2-3, 3-3, 1-4, 2-4.
This etching is based on a life drawing and is oriented in the same direction. The first state of the print shows the figure against a light background, as in the drawing, but Amor experimented with a dark background in printing an impression of the third state, and then implemented the change to darkness in the following, final state. At this stage he decided he was unhappy with the way the plate had progressed and he did not print an edition.
- Female nude, Nude
Record last updated 17/02/2021