- Catalogue Number
- Title and Date
- Self portrait 1990
- Description of Featured Image
- A frontal self portrait in which the face, up to the top of the forehead, occupies the entire plate. The artist has a beard and moustache.
- Where Made
- Dunmoochin, Cottles Bridge
- Medium Category and Technique
- Intaglio Print: Etching on copper
- Wove paper. Identified papers: Papers mentioned in notes on this work in Amor’s intaglio record books: Fabriano paper.
Image size: 120 x 91 mm
Matrix size: 120 x 93 mm
- Artist’s Record Number
- Printer(s) and Workshop(s)
- All impressions printed by Rick Amor in his Dunmoochin studio, Cottles Bridge.
- Summary Edition Information
- One state. No edition.
- Niagara Galleries & NETS Victoria 1993–94: Niagara Galleries & NETS Victoria, Melbourne, Rick Amor & the Graphic Arts, Victorian and Tasmanian tour, 1993–94, no. 30.
- State Library of Victoria, Melbourne: AP.
This is the last of four small self portraits that Amor etched in 1990. Like the others, it was drawn in front of a mirror, directly onto the copper plate.
According to the artist’s intaglio record books, he printed three proof impressions of this etching, including one in sepia ink, these being the sole recorded impressions. The record books indicate that he intended to print an edition of ten, but the plan was never carried out.
- Self portrait
Record last updated 09/07/2017