- Catalogue Number
- Title and Date
- Self portrait 1990
- Description of Featured Image
- The head and shoulders of the artist, who has a beard and moustache. He looks intently, his eyes slightly raised. The crown of the head has been omitted.
- Where Made
- Dunmoochin, Cottles Bridge
- Medium Category and Technique
- Intaglio Print: Soft-ground etching and etching on copper
- Wove paper. Identified papers: Papers mentioned in notes on this work in Amor’s intaglio record books: BFK Rives and Stonehenge papers.
Image size: 101 x 85 mm
Matrix size: 104 x 87 mm
- Artist’s Record Number
- RAE.14 (1990, 1991)
- Printer(s) and Workshop(s)
- All impressions printed by Rick Amor in his Dunmoochin studio, Cottles Bridge.
- Summary Edition Information
- Two states. Nominal edition of ten, but only four impressions printed and numbered, 1991.
- State Library of Victoria, Melbourne: one state impression, numbered 1, dated 1990; AP, dated 1990.
- National Gallery of Australia, Canberra: ed. 2/10, dated 1991 (2007.679).
This is one of three etched self portraits begun in quick succession in early 1990. The other two are cat. nos E.016 and E.017.
On the verso of the copper plate used for E.018 is an etching depicting a dog on a pier surrounded by rough seas; this image was never printed and has been cancelled.
- Self portrait
Record last updated 09/07/2017