- Catalogue Number
- Title and Date
- Self portrait 1990
- Description of Featured Image
- Frontal self portrait depicting the artist’s head, to the top of the forehead, with a fragment of the shoulders visible. Amor has a beard and moustache and is wearing a T-shirt.
- Where Made
- Dunmoochin, Cottles Bridge
- Medium Category and Technique
- Intaglio Print: Soft-ground etching and etching on copper
- Wove paper. Identified papers: Papers mentioned in notes on this work in Amor’s intaglio record books: BFK Rives paper.
Image size: 101 x 85 mm
Matrix size: 102 x 87 mm
- Artist’s Record Number
- Printer(s) and Workshop(s)
- All impressions printed by Rick Amor in his Dunmoochin studio, Cottles Bridge.
- Summary Edition Information
- Three states. No edition.
- Niagara Galleries at IWOP 1997: Niagara Galleries at the International Works on Paper Fair, Mitchell Galleries, State Library of New South Wales, Sydney, 17–20 July 1997, possibly no. 25 (as edition 10).
- State Library of Victoria, Melbourne: three state impressions, numbered 1 through 3; one counterproof.
This is one of three small self portraits done in quick succession in early 1990. The other two self portraits are cat. nos E.017 and E.018. All were drawn before a mirror, directly onto the plate.
The verso of the copper plate used for E.016 was subsequently used as the matrix for cat. no. E.017.
Record last updated 09/07/2017