- Catalogue Number
- Title and Date
- Nude 1988
- Description of Featured Image
- A woman wearing socks and a brassiere poses on a bed, supporting herself on her knees and elbows; her head rests on the bed and is turned frontwards, with only the eyes visible. Behind the bed is a dark wall, with a central swag of curtains.
- Where Made
- Phillip Institute of Technology, Bundoora, Melbourne
- Medium Category and Technique
- Intaglio Print: Etching and drypoint on zinc
- Wove paper. Identified papers: Fabriano paper with watermark: ‘CMF’ with star above, within a circle/oval; Arches Moulin du Gué paper with partial watermark: ‘M[oulin?] … gué’.
Image size: 100 x 151 mm
- Artist’s Record Number
- EX.4. Amor’s intaglio record books do not contain an entry for this work.
- Printer(s) and Workshop(s)
- All impressions printed by Rick Amor at Phillip Institute of Technology, Bundoora (Melbourne).
- Summary Edition Information
- Five states. No edition.
- State Library of Victoria, Melbourne: five state impressions, numbered 1 through 5.
This etching is based on a drawing done from life on 9 October 1988, at Dunmoochin, the artists’ colony at Cottles Bridge (outer Melbourne) to which Amor and his partner, the artist Meg Williams, moved in May 1985. Williams is the model here, and the curtain that hangs loosely down the centre of the composition is a mosquito net. The pencil drawing on which this work is based shows the subject in reverse orientation and rendered from a slightly greater distance. The subject was drawn on the plate at Dunmoochin, but was etched and printed at Phillip Institute of Technology, Bundoora.
The matrix on which E.006 was made has been lost, but Amor recalls that it was a zinc plate, not copper.
- Erotic subject, Female figure, Nude, Woman
Record last updated 07/08/2017