- Catalogue Number
- Title and Date
- Nude 1990
- Description of Featured Image
- A female nude with long hair reclines against cushions on a sofa, her legs drawn up at the knees. She supports herself on her left elbow, while her right arm is extended and touches the toes of her right foot. Although inscribed ‘2’, this is actually an impression of the only state of this print.
- Where Made
- Dunmoochin, Cottles Bridge
- Medium Category and Technique
- Intaglio Print: Etching on copper
- Wove paper. Identified papers: No papers identified.
Image size: 100 x 151 mm
- Artist’s Record Number
- EX.6. Amor’s intaglio record books do not contain an entry for this work.
- Printer(s) and Workshop(s)
- Both impressions printed by Rick Amor in his Dunmoochin studio, Cottles Bridge.
- Summary Edition Information
- One state. No edition.
- State Library of Victoria, Melbourne: two state impressions, numbered 1 and 2.
This etching is one of two prints by Amor that show his partner, the artist Meg Williams, resting on a sofa; the other is the woodcut Nude on a couch, also made in 1990. Both prints are rendered in the same direction and both are based on the same drawing from life.
The etching exists as two impressions of the only state. Amor did not take it any further, because he was dissatisfied with it.
The copper plate on which E.035 was made has been lost.
- Female nude, Meg Williams
Record last updated 09/07/2017