- Catalogue Number
- Title and Date
- Fondamente Nove 2007
- Description of Featured Image
- A view towards the lagoon from the Fondamente Nove, with mooring posts and a boat in the foreground. On the horizon is Mestre on the mainland.
- Series/Book Title
- Venice Series
- Series/Illustration Number
- No. 12
- Where Made
- Alphington, Melbourne
- Medium Category and Technique
- Intaglio Print: Etching and burnishing on copper
- Wove paper. Identified papers: Hahnemühle paper with watermark: cockerel within a circle; Velin Arches paper.
Image size: 178 x 260 mm
Matrix size: 181 x 261 mm
- Artist’s Record Number
- Printer(s) and Workshop(s)
- All state impressions printed by Rick Amor in his Alphington studio. Edition printed by Rosalind Atkins at the Australian Print Workshop, Fitzroy (Melbourne).
- Summary Edition Information
- Three states. Edition of ten numbered impressions, 2007.
- Australian Print Workshop 2007–08: Australian Print Workshop, Fitzroy (Melbourne), Fondamenti Nove, 21 November 2007 – 2 February 2008, no. 9.
- State Library of Victoria, Melbourne: five state impressions, numbered 1-1, 1-2, 2-2, 1-3, 2-3; ed. 4/10.
- Venice Series: Click for a full account of the Venice Series (cat. nos E.138–E.150).
This was the last of the Venetian subjects to be completed and, like Amor’s other Fondamente Nove print (cat. no. E.141), it was etched entirely in Melbourne, from a photograph (now lost).
E.149 depicts a view from the embankment looking over the water towards Mestre. Amor found the barges moored along the Venetian quays an appealing subject, a distant echo of his youth by the waters of Port Phillip Bay.
The first state impression of this work was squared by the artist in his Alphington studio, in preparation for a work in another medium, but this was never made.
- Barge, Mooring posts, Sea, Venice
Record last updated 15/09/2017