- Catalogue Number
- Title and Date
- 6th Ave, NY 1991
- Description of Featured Image
- View from below of a street lined with tall buildings and with an assortment of street lights, traffic lights, and signs.
- Where Made
- Dunmoochin, Cottles Bridge
- Medium Category and Technique
- Intaglio Print: Etching and drypoint on copper
- Wove paper. Identified papers: Cream BFK Rives paper with watermark: ‘BFK RIVES / FRANCE’ with infinity symbol. Other papers mentioned in notes on this work in Amor’s intaglio record books: buff and white BFK Rives papers.
Image size: 308 x 128 mm
Matrix size: 307 x 90 mm
- Artist’s Record Number
- Printer(s) and Workshop(s)
- All impressions printed by Rick Amor in his Dunmoochin studio, Cottles Bridge.
- Summary Edition Information
- Four states. No edition.
- State Library of Victoria, Melbourne: four state impressions, numbered 1 through 4.
In October 1991, on his way home to Melbourne from his Visual Arts/Craft Board (Australia Council) residency in Barcelona, Amor stopped briefly in New York. This is the first of two etchings he made following his visit to Manhattan; the second was 57th St, NY, 1991 (cat. no. E.054). Both prints were made after sketchbook drawings, both have the same tall, pillar format, and both depict street vistas.
In 1996, Amor would spend several months in New York, based at the Australia Council’s Greene St Studio, and he subsequently produced a substantial body of work as a response to New York City, including several intaglio prints (cat. nos E.108, E.109, E.126 and E.159).
Record last updated 10/07/2017