- Catalogue Number
- Title and Date
- 57th St, NY 1991
- Description of Featured Image
- A view from below of the upper part of a vista of skyscrapers situated on the right side of a street. Prominent in front of the buildings are street signs and street lights.
- Where Made
- Dunmoochin, Cottles Bridge
- Medium Category and Technique
- Intaglio Print: Etching and drypoint on copper
- Wove paper. Identified papers: Cream BFK Rives paper with watermark: ‘BFK RIVES / FRANCE’ with infinity symbol. Other papers mentioned in notes on this work in Amor’s intaglio record books: white and buff BFK Rives papers.
Image size: 305 x 89 mm
Matrix size: 307 x 90 mm
- Artist’s Record Number
- Printer(s) and Workshop(s)
- All impressions printed by Rick Amor in his Dunmoochin studio, Cottles Bridge.
- Summary Edition Information
- Eight states. No edition.
- State Library of Victoria, Melbourne: eight state impressions, numbered 1 through 8.
In October 1991, on his way home to Melbourne from his Visual Arts/Craft Board (Australia Council) residency in Barcelona, Amor stopped briefly in New York. This is the second of two etchings he made following his visit to Manhattan; the first was 6th Ave, NY, 1991 (cat. no. E.053). Both prints were made after sketchbook drawings, both have the same tall, pillar format, and both depict street vistas.
In 1996, Amor would spend several months in New York, based at the Australia Council’s Greene St Studio, and he subsequently produced a substantial body of work as a response to New York City, including several intaglio prints (cat. nos E.108, E.109, E.126 and E.159).
- Building, New York, Streetscape
Record last updated 10/07/2017